A Riding Mishap—a gentleman is sitting on the ground after being thrown from his horse
- Pen and black ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Frame: 9 3/16 × 11 5/16 × 1/4 inches (23.3 × 28.8 × 0.6 cm) and Sheet: 5 1/2 × 7 5/8 inches (14 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and ink, lower center: "This is a most | charming place. The sands are delightful for walking or riding, though a trifle [?] to sit upon!"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- accident | genre subject | horse (animal) | man | thrown
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Leonard Raven-Hill, 1867–1942, British, A Riding Mishap—a gentleman is sitting on the ground after being thrown from his horse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.