Two Studies of a Tiger; above: Head and Shoulders; below: Hindquarters
- Graphite and gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper, mounted on, medium, moderately textured, brown, laid paper
- Mount: 9 9/16 × 8 5/16 inches (24.3 × 21.1 cm) and Sheet: 6 13/16 × 6 1/2 inches (17.3 × 16.5 cm)
Signed in pen with brown ink, left center: "J. W -"; signed in pen with brown ink, lower left: "J. W-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- sporting art | study (visual work) | tiger
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Two Studies of a Tiger; above: Head and Shoulders; below: Hindquarters, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.