Two Studies of a Tiger; above: Head and Shoulders; below: Hindquarters
- Graphite and gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper, mounted on, medium, moderately textured, brown, laid paper
- Mount: 9 9/16 × 8 5/16 inches (24.3 × 21.1 cm) and Sheet: 6 13/16 × 6 1/2 inches (17.3 × 16.5 cm)
Signed in pen with brown ink, left center: "J. W -"; signed in pen with brown ink, lower left: "J. W-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- sporting art | study (visual work) | tiger
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Two Studies of a Tiger; above: Head and Shoulders; below: Hindquarters, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.