Campagna of Rome from Villa Mattei, from Views in Rome and its Environs, 1841
- Lithograph on heavy wove paper
- Plate: 9 15/16 x 15 15/16in. (25.2 x 40.5cm) and Sheet: 14 1/2 x 21 1/4in. (36.8 x 54cm)
Printed inscription lower left: CAMPAGNA OF ROME FROM VILLA MATTEI; lower right: EDWARD LEAR DEL ET LITH.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- garden | hills | landscape | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Aventino | Italy | Rome
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Campagna of Rome from Villa Mattei, from Views in Rome and its Environs, 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.