- Part Of:
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 2 3/4 x 3 7/8 inches (7 x 9.9 cm) and Image: 2 5/8 x 3 7/8 inches (6.6 x 9.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "182"; on back, lower center: "Presented to Howard Mansfield | by his friend Clarence Buckingham | Dec. 13. 1906."
collector's stamp of Harris G. Whittemore (Lugt 1384a), in gray ink, on back, upper center; collector's stamp of Howard Mansfield (Lugt 1342) in blue ink, on back, lower right
artist's butterfly emblem, in black ink, within image, lower right
Signed with graphite butterfly monogram, lower left
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert N. Whittemore, Yale BS 1943
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boats | caps | children | fleet review | genre subject | jubilee | marine art | masts | navy | sailboats | sailing | sea | ships | shore (landform) | umbrella
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | Portsmouth | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Portsmouth Children, 1887
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.