IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Heath, 1795–1840, British, Oh Yes Believe Me. Love Has Eyes, undated
Oh Yes Believe Me. Love Has Eyes.
- Etching, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 17 inches (28.3 x 43.2 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 x 14 13/16 inches (26 x 37.6 cm), Image: 8 7/16 x 13 3/16 inches (21.5 x 33.5 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "(sketch of man in top hat with parasol/cane) esq. Del."; lower center: "OH YES BELIEVE ME. LOVE HAS EYES"; lower right: "Pub by T Mclean 26 Haymarket where political and other caricature are soley published~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul and Anita Turner
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bedroom | caricature | costume | dress | eyes | fan | genre subject | humor | kneeling | love | men | parody | proposal | satire | screen | sexual excitement | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.