Portrait of Lady Marjorie Jenkins
- Black chalk with watercolor and stumping on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 x 8 1/2 inches (28 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "Lady Marjorie Jenkins | 1798"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "JD | 1798"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Anonymous Gift
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curls | gown | headpiece | lady | nobility | oval | portrait | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Downman, 1750–1824, British, Portrait of Lady Marjorie Jenkins, 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.