Portrait of Lady Marjorie Jenkins
- Black chalk with watercolor and stumping on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 x 8 1/2 inches (28 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "Lady Marjorie Jenkins | 1798"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "JD | 1798"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Anonymous Gift
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curls | gown | headpiece | lady | nobility | oval | portrait | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Downman, 1750–1824, British, Portrait of Lady Marjorie Jenkins, 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.