- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching; 5th state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 9 3/4 inches (19.1 × 24.8 cm), Plate: 4 7/8 × 6 5/8 inches (12.4 × 16.8 cm), Image: 4 3/4 × 6 5/8 inches (12.1 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Sellenger V"
Collector's mark, lower right: "CHP"
Lettered inside image, lower left: "FL Griggs | INV: 1917 | ER DEL"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "FL Griggs"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | banks | battlements | bird | buttresses | church | clouds | copings | costume | doorways | finials | gables | grasses | house | landscape | parapets | pool | reflections | rocks | roofs | shadows | shingles | shrubs | sky | steps | stonework | stream | sunlight | tower (building division) | trees | vines | walkway | walls | windows | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, Sellenger, 1917
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.