North East View of Grantham Church, Lincolnshire
- ca. 1797
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 x 7 inches (13 x 17.8 cm), Mount: 7 1/2 x 9 3/8 inches (19.1 x 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "NE, View of Grantham CHURCH, Lincolnshire."; in graphite, lower left to lower center: "< . . . 5 1/2>"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "W Turner"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | cemetery | church | clouds | northeast | steeples | tombstones | view | wheelbarrows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Grantham | Lincolnshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Translations - Turner and Printmaking (Yale Center for British Art, 1993-09-29 - 1993-12-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Gabriele Crepaldi, Turner, Prestel, Munich ; London, 2011, pp. 36-37, NJ18.T85 C75 2011 (YCBA) [YCBA]
Eric M. Lee, Translations : Turner and printmaking, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1993, p. 12, no. 3, NJ18 .T85 L44 1993 (YCBA) [YCBA]
Andrew Wilton, The life and work of J.M.W. Turner, Academy Editions, London, 1979, p. 325, No. 232, NJ18 T85 +W577 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]