IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, A Three Storied Georgian House in a Park, ca. 1795
A Three Storied Georgian House in a Park
- ca. 1795
- Watercolor, graphite and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 x 10 7/8 inches (11.1 x 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "D623 J.M.W. Turner 1775-1857 (underlined) | W.F. Wells was friend of executor of Turner. | LSD"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Georgian | hills | landscape | parks | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Country Houses in Great Britain - Yale Center for British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 1979-10-10 - 1980-01-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Country houses in Great Britain., Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1979, p. 81, no. 72, N6764 Y34 1979 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.