View of the Coronation Procession of George IV
- ca. 1821
- Etching and aquatint, proof before letters on smooth, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 × 22 7/16 inches (34.2 × 57 cm), Plate: 9 3/16 × 20 13/16 inches (23.3 × 52.9 cm), and Image: 6 3/8 × 18 7/8 inches (16.2 × 48 cm)
Lettered within image, center: "ROYAL CENTRAL PAVILION" "SEATS THREE GUINEAS EACH"; lower right: "SEATS TWO GUINEAS EACH" and "OFFICE | PLATFORM AND AMPHITHEATRE"; center right (sheet trimmed): "Gt George St[reet]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coronation | exterior view | historical subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom | Westminster Abbey
- Associated People:
- George IV
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, View of the Coronation Procession of George IV, ca. 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.