Chimney piece, Star Chamber, Leasowe Castle, formerly in the King's Palace, Westminster
- ca. 1845
- Lithograph on slightly textured, medium thickness, white wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/16 × 10 1/4 inches (20.5 × 26.1 cm)
Lettered on lower center: "CHIMNEY PIECE, STAR CHAMBER, LEASOWE CASTLE | formerly in the King's Palace, at Westminster"; lower left: "C.J. Richardson del"; lower right (sheet trimmed): "Printed from Zinc by Day & Hag[he]"; lettered within image, center: "THIS OAKEN PANNEL & CHIMNEY PIECE | BELONGED TO THE CELEBRATED STAR CHAMBER | IN THE KING'S PALACE AT WESTMINSTER | A.D. 1500"; lettered within image, center: "THIS OAKEN PANNEL & CHIMNEY PIECE | WAS REMOVED TO LEASOWE CASTLE ON | THE DEMOLITION OF THE EXCHEQUER | BUILDINGS | A.D. 1836"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Day & Co., 1824–1913, British, Chimney piece, Star Chamber, Leasowe Castle, formerly in the King's Palace, Westminster, ca. 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.