Four Illustrations of Westminster
- Part Of:
Collective Title: "Antiquities of Westminster; the Old Palace; St. Stephen's Chapel, (now the House of Commons) &c. &c.", J. T. Smith, 1807.
- Etching on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 12 × 9 1/2 inches (30.5 × 24.1 cm), Image: 9 1/2 × 8 inches (24.1 × 20.3 cm)
Lettered, upper left: "Drawn & Etched by J.T. Smith" and "Water Gate New Palace Yard, seen from the River"; upper right: "Drawn & Etched by J.T. Smith" and "Entrance from New Palace Yard to the Speakers Court Yard"; lower left: "Drawn & Etched by J.T. Smith" and "The Speaker's Court Yard from the South West"; lower right: "Drawn & Etched by J.T. Smith" and "The Speakers Court Yard from the South East"; lower center: "London. Published as the Act directs 1st March 1804 by John Thomas Smith, No 36, Newman Street, Oxford Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | exterior view
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Thomas Smith, 1766–1833, British, Four Illustrations of Westminster, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.