- Four Illustrations of Westminster
- Etching on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 12 × 9 1/2 inches (30.5 × 24.1 cm) and Image: 9 1/2 × 8 inches (24.1 × 20.3 cm)
Lettered, upper left: "Drawn & Etched by J.T. Smith" and "Water Gate New Palace Yard, seen from the River"; upper right: "Drawn & Etched by J.T. Smith" and "Entrance from New Palace Yard to the Speakers Court Yard"; lower left: "Drawn & Etched by J.T. Smith" and "The Speaker's Court Yard from the South West"; lower right: "Drawn & Etched by J.T. Smith" and "The Speakers Court Yard from the South East"; lower center: "London. Published as the Act directs 1st March 1804 by John Thomas Smith, No 36, Newman Street, Oxford Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | exterior view
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Thomas Smith, 1766–1833, British, Four Illustrations of Westminster, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.