- East View of Modern Buildings in Continuation from St Stephen's Chapel
- between 1790 and 1802
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper with one fold mark
- Sheet: 5 1/8 × 17 3/8 inches (13 × 44.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "St. St. chapel"; in graphite, lower left: "all tops pillars [?no] [...]"; in graphite, center left: "all", "sa[sh]"; in graphite, center: "Sash", "Sash"; in graphite, upper right: "too wide this | merlon"; "not wide | enough this merlon"; "all to [...]'; in graphite, center right: "fl[?ue]"; in graphite, upper right: "St Stephens"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | survey
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Carter, 1748–1817, British, East View of Modern Buildings in Continuation from St Stephen's Chapel, between 1790 and 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.