Eight Illustrations of Westminster
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Antiquities of Westminster; the Old Palace; St. Stephen's Chapel, (now the House of Commons) &c. &c., J. T. Smith, 1807.
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 × 9 1/2 inches (30.5 × 24.1 cm), Image: 10 1/2 × 7 1/2 inches (26.7 × 19.1 cm)
Watermark: J Whatman [?1801]
Lettered, center: "No 1", "Oak Door discovered in the Speaker's state | Dining Room"; left center: "No 2", "Cornice of the front of the | Vicars Houses towards the Water"; center: "No 3" and "No 4", "Tiles in the Vicars houses"; center right: "No 7", "Internal View of a Doorway | to one of the Vicars houses"; lower left: "No 5"; lower center: "No 8"; lower right: "No 6"; lower center: "Mural Monument in the Cloisters"; lower center: "Drawn & Etch'd by J.T. Smith"; lower center: "London. Published as the Act directs 7 August 1806 by John Thomas Smith, No 36 Newman Street, Oxford Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | door
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Thomas Smith, 1766–1833, British, Eight Illustrations of Westminster, 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.