Plan of the Crypt, or Chapel of St. Mary in the Vaults, and of the Cloisters
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving on smooth, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/2 × 26 9/16 inches (54.6 × 67.5 cm)
Lettered, upper left: "Pl. 1"; lower right: "W.F. Starling sc"; lettered within image, lower center: "Plan of the Crypt or Chapel of St Mary in the Vaults | and of the Cloisters"; lettered within image, plan numbered throughout "1" to "13" and labeled throughout with letters "A" to "E"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | crypt | plan (formal concept)
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Francis Starling, active first half 19th century, British, Plan of the Crypt, or Chapel of St. Mary in the Vaults, and of the Cloisters, 1843
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.