Plate XI: Elevation, Section and Plan, of One Compartment (of Three) of the Screen, St. Stephen's Chapel, Westminster
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, proof before imprint on smooth, medium thickness, white wove paper bar scale of 1/3 inch to 1 foot
- Sheet: 8 3/8 × 5 inches (21.3 × 12.7 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "BRITTON & BRAYLEY'S WESTMINSTER"; upper right: "PL. XI"; lower center: "ELEVATION, SECTION, AND PLAN OF ONE COMPARTMENT (OF THREE) | OF THE SCREEN ST STEPHEN'S CHAPEL. WESTMINSTER"; lower center: "Drawn & Engraved by R.W. Billings"; lower right: "Gad & Co. Printers"; and lettered within image, dimensions given; and lettered within image, bar scale labeled on lower center: "scale of", "3", "6", "9", and "1" to "5 Feet'
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert William Billings, 1813–1874, British, Plate XI: Elevation, Section and Plan, of One Compartment (of Three) of the Screen, St. Stephen's Chapel, Westminster, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.