Front and Profile of the Work under the Window Sills, St Stephen's Chapel
- between 1790 and 1802
- Graphite and pen and black ink on slightly textured, medium thickness, white wove paper with two fold marks
- Sheet: 14 3/4 × 20 1/4 inches (37.5 × 51.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "42"; in pen and black ink, across bottom of sheet: "Front and profile"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "of the work immediately below cills of the windows of | St Stephen's chapel West"; in graphite, upper right: "ch"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | survey | window
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to John Carter, 1748–1817, British, Front and Profile of the Work under the Window Sills, St Stephen's Chapel, between 1790 and 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.