IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Attributed to John Carter, 1748–1817, British, New East Front, St Stephen's Chapel, ca. 1801
New East Front, St Stephen's Chapel
- ca. 1801
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 5/8 × 6 1/2 inches (39.7 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "New East front St Stephen's | Chapel"; "in graphite, upper right: "round | [?ri}ght"; in graphite, lower right: "round | plan"; "2 and 3 around with orn | H Chapel | arc[?ular] | cap | octangular base"; in graphite, lower left: "plan A | [...]; in graphite, lower left: "got something"; in graphite, lower center: "arch", "pl"; in graphite, left: "no | ca"; in graphite, left: "no [?cabel]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | section | survey
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.