- New East Front, St Stephen's Chapel
- ca. 1801
- Graphite on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream laid paper with one fold mark
- Sheet: 15 5/8 × 6 1/2 inches (39.7 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "New East front St Stephen's | Chapel"; "in graphite, upper right: "round | [?ri}ght"; in graphite, lower right: "round | plan"; "2 and 3 around with orn | H Chapel | arc[?ular] | cap | octangular base"; in graphite, lower left: "plan A | [...]; in graphite, lower left: "got something"; in graphite, lower center: "arch", "pl"; in graphite, left: "no | ca"; in graphite, left: "no [?cabel]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | section | survey
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to John Carter, 1748–1817, British, New East Front, St Stephen's Chapel, ca. 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.