Plate XII: St Stephen's Chapel
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper bar scale of 2 1/2 inches to 1 foot
- Sheet: 16 × 22 inches (40.6 × 55.9 cm), Plate: 15 × 21 9/16 inches (38.1 × 54.8 cm), and Image: 13 3/8 × 20 inches (34 × 50.8 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Sumptibus. Soc. Antiquar. Londini."; lettered, lower right: 'Published according to Act of Parliament, 23d April 1795"; lower right: "Basire Sc"; upper right: "Pl. XII"; lettered within image, throughout, letters "A" to "L"; lettered within image, scale labeled at lower center: "6 in", "1 Foot"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire, 1730–1802, British, Plate XII: St Stephen's Chapel, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.