Part of the Ceiling, and Parts of the Frieze, St Stephen's Chapel
- between 1790 and 1802
- Graphite and pen and black ink on slightly textured, medium thickness, white laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 5 5/8 inches (21.9 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "in the cieling"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Various parts of the freeze"; inscribed on verso, graphite: "[...]"
Watermark: seated Britannia within crowned oval frame
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to John Carter, 1748–1817, British, Part of the Ceiling, and Parts of the Frieze, St Stephen's Chapel, between 1790 and 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.