Basso-relievos in the Center of the Groins of the Cloisters, St Stephen's Chapel
- ca. 1780
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 5 1/2 inches (16.5 × 14 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "reversed"; in graphite, lower right: "East reversed"
Watermark (sheet trimmed): crowned cartouche?
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to John Carter, 1748–1817, British, Basso-relievos in the Center of the Groins of the Cloisters, St Stephen's Chapel, ca. 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.