Plate III: Crypt under St Stephen's Chapel
- Part Of:
- ca. 1836
- Engraving proof on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 × 7 3/8 inches (13.3 × 18.7 cm) and Image: 4 1/4 × 6 1/2 inches (10.8 × 16.5 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "BRITTON & BRAYLEY'S WESTMINSTER"; upper right: "PL. III"; lower left: "R.W. Billings del. July 9 1835"; lower right: "T. Woolnoth sc"; lower center: "CRYPT UNDER ST STEPHEN'S CHAPEL | WESTERN END LOOKING WEST'; lower left: "Proof"; lower right: "Gad & Co Printers"; lower center: "London, Published Octr 1, 1835, by J. Wale, 59 High Holborn"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | interior view
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas A. Woolnoth, 1785–1857, British, Plate III: Crypt under St Stephen's Chapel, ca. 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.