Plate III: Crypt under St Stephen's Chapel
- Part Of:
- ca. 1836
- Engraving proof on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 × 7 3/8 inches (13.3 × 18.7 cm) and Image: 4 1/4 × 6 1/2 inches (10.8 × 16.5 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "BRITTON & BRAYLEY'S WESTMINSTER"; upper right: "PL. III"; lower left: "R.W. Billings del. July 9 1835"; lower right: "T. Woolnoth sc"; lower center: "CRYPT UNDER ST STEPHEN'S CHAPEL | WESTERN END LOOKING WEST'; lower left: "Proof"; lower right: "Gad & Co Printers"; lower center: "London, Published Octr 1, 1835, by J. Wale, 59 High Holborn"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | interior view
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas A. Woolnoth, 1785–1857, British, Plate III: Crypt under St Stephen's Chapel, ca. 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.