View through the South East Window of the Crypt beneath St Stephen's, Westminster
- Graphite, gray watercolor and pen and black ink on Smooth, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 × 10 7/8 inches (33 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "76"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Hasty sketch of G Scharf [Im?]"; in pen and black ink, bottom center: "view through the S.E. Windows of the Crypt beneath | St Stephens Westminster to shew the place in which the | mummy was discovered. looking N."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | crypt | interior view | ruins
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Johann Scharf, 1788–1860, British, View through the South East Window of the Crypt beneath St Stephen's, Westminster, 1852
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.