Grave of the Supposed William Lyndewode
- Graphite, gray pen and watercolor on slightly textured, medium thickness, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 7 5/16 inches (22.9 × 18.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "GRAVE OF THE SUPPOSED WILLIAM LYNDEWODE, BP OF ST ASAPH"; in graphite, upper center: "ST. STEPHEN'S WESTMINR"; inscribed on verso in graphite, top center: "Soutwst"; inscribed on verso in 20th century hand in graphite, upper right: "Item 119"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "St Stephen's Chapel"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | crypt | grave | interior view
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Grave of the Supposed William Lyndewode, 1852
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.