Grave of the Supposed William Lyndewode
- Graphite, gray pen and watercolor on slightly textured, medium thickness, cream wove paper
- 9 × 7 5/16 inches (22.9 × 18.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "GRAVE OF THE SUPPOSED WILLIAM LYNDEWODE, BP OF ST ASAPH"; in graphite, upper center: "ST. STEPHEN'S WESTMINR"; inscribed on verso in graphite, top center: "Soutwst"; inscribed on verso in 20th century hand in graphite, upper right: "Item 119"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "St Stephen's Chapel"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | crypt | grave | interior view
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Grave of the Supposed William Lyndewode, 1852
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.