The House of Commons
- Line engraving on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- 7 1/2 × 11 inches (19.1 × 27.9 cm), 5 7/8 × 8 7/8 inches (14.9 × 22.5 cm), and 4 1/8 × 6 inches (10.5 × 15.2 cm)
Lettered lower left: "Drawn by H. Melville"; lower right: "Engraved by H. Melville"; lower center: "THE HOUSE OF COMMONS. | Destroyed by Fire Octr 16th 1834 | FISHER, SON & CO LONDON, 1834"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | interior view
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Melville, active 1826–1841, British, The House of Commons, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.