- Plan of the Basement Story under the House of Lords
- between 1800 and 1807
- Graphite and pen and black ink on moderately textured, medium thickness, white laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 × 6 5/16 inches (20 × 16 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Princes chamber"; in graphite, upper left: "South"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "Painted Cham[ber]"; in graphite, upper left: "Door" (twice); in pen and black ink, right: "Plan of Base | ment story under | House of Lords"; in graphite, left: "East"; in graphite, right: "West"; in graphite, lower right: "no groin | over | flat ceil[ing]"; in graphite, lower center: "North": in graphite, left: "Door"; and in graphite and pen and black ink, rooms labeled with letters "A" to "F"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basement | plan (formal concept) | survey
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Lords | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to John Carter, 1748–1817, British, Plan of the Basement Story under the House of Lords, between 1800 and 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.