- Elevation of the Basement Story, House of Lords
- between 1800 and 1807
- Graphite and pen and black ink on slightly textured, medium thickness, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 × 10 1/2 inches (36.2 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Elevation at West side"; in pen and black ink, right: "do at North side"; in pen and black ink, center: "Do at East side"; in pen and black ink, bottom: "Do at South side - in Basement story under House of Lords"; in graphite, left: "Brick"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basement | survey
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Lords | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to John Carter, 1748–1817, British, Elevation of the Basement Story, House of Lords, between 1800 and 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.