Part of the Construction in the Old House of Lords
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite, watercolor, pen and black and brown ink on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/16 × 12 1/2 inches (25.9 × 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Part of the construction in the old House of Lords"; and in pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given; and in graphite, bottom right: "<...>"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basement | plan (formal concept)
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Lords | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to office of Sir John Soane, (George Bailey), 1753–1837, British, Part of the Construction in the Old House of Lords, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.