Part of the Construction in the Old House of Lords
- Graphite, black and brown pen, and watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 × 12 5/8 inches (24.9 × 32.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Part of the construction in the old House of Lords"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Brickwork"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Brickwork"; and in pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in brown and black pen, lower right: "G.B. 4th August 1823"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basement | plan (formal concept)
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Lords | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to office of Sir John Soane, (George Bailey), 1753–1837, British, Part of the Construction in the Old House of Lords, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.