A Doorway in one of the Cellars Under the Old House of Lords
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 7 7/16 inches (23.8 × 18.9 cm), Plate: 7 7/8 × 5 3/4 inches (20 × 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "D"; and inscribed on verso in graphite: "Item 4"
Lettered, lower center: "A Doorway in one of the cellars under the old House of Lords"; lower center: "Drawing & Engraved by J.T. Smith"; lower center: "London. Published as teh Act directs 1st January 1804 by John Thomas Smith, No 36, Newman Street, Oxford Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basement | interior view
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Lords | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Thomas Smith, 1766–1833, British, A Doorway in one of the Cellars Under the Old House of Lords, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.