Survey view of a lobby, Palace of Westminster
- Pen and black ink on smooth, thin, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 × 8 11/16 inches (25.7 × 22.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink throughout, including upper center: "There seems to be light from this top"; pen and brown ink, right: "the window looks out upon | a stone wall, except that | part which is crossed by diagonal | lines, which is sky'; pen and brown ink, left: "all above the cornice is of a dirty stone color plaster"; pen and brown ink, bottom center: "The whole of the lower part is dark oak wainscotting - all beyond the two doorways in stone work - | through the left doorway a winding staircase going up & down, apparently lighted from the top. | The floor covered with rush matting | Sky seen through the small window in right hand doorway."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | interior view | survey
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Survey view of a lobby, Palace of Westminster, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.