Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Waterfall of Lodore, Cumberland, undated
Waterfall of Lodore, Cumberland
- Watercolor, gray wash, blue wash, graphite and black chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 x 9 1/4 inches (15.9 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Turner"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | mountains | science | trees | water mill | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Cumberland | Cumbria | England | Europe | Keswick | Lodore Falls | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.