East End, Painted Chamber
- between 1793 and 1799
- Graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, white laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 × 13 1/4 inches (21.3 × 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Painted | Chamber"; in pen and black ink, upper right (sheet trimmed): "Palace at West."; in pen and black ink, upper right: "Painted | Chamber"; in graphite, left: "about a [...]"; in graphite, lower left: "East end"; in graphite, lower right: "found [...] | [...]"
Watermark: Britannia within crowned oval frame
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to John Carter, 1748–1817, British, East End, Painted Chamber, between 1793 and 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.