Vol. 6, Plate XXX: The Story, as it is Presumed, of Joab and Abner. The Martyrdom of the Mother and her Seven Sons, and the Sacrifice of Antiochus.
- Part Of:
Collective Title: "Vetusta Monumenta", Society of Antiquaries of London, 1747-1906
- Hand colored engraving on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 21 3/4 inches (38.4 × 55.2 cm), Plate: 14 3/8 × 19 1/8 inches (36.5 × 48.6 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "PLATE XXX"; upper right: "Vol VI"; upper center: "1"; center: "The story, as it is presumed of Joab and Abner"; center: "2"; lower center: "The Martyrdom of the Mother and her seven Sons, and the sacrifice of Antiochus"; lower center: "Published by the Society of Antiquariesof London, 1842"; lower right: "J Basire sc"; and lettered inside image, lower right, figures labeled
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | religious and mythological subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Basire the younger, 1769–1822, British, Vol. 6, Plate XXX: The Story, as it is Presumed, of Joab and Abner. The Martyrdom of the Mother and her Seven Sons, and the Sacrifice of Antiochus, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.