- Vol. 6, Plate XXX: The Story, as it is Presumed, of Joab and Abner. The Martyrdom of the Mother and her Seven Sons, and the Sacrifice of Antiochus.
- Hand colored engraving on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 21 3/4 inches (38.4 × 55.2 cm) and Plate: 14 3/8 × 19 1/8 inches (36.5 × 48.6 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "PLATE XXX"; upper right: "Vol VI"; upper center: "1"; center: "The story, as it is presumed of Joab and Abner"; center: "2"; lower center: "The Martyrdom of the Mother and her seven Sons, and the sacrifice of Antiochus"; lower center: "Published by the Society of Antiquariesof London, 1842"; lower right: "J Basire sc"; and lettered inside image, lower right, figures labeled
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | religious and mythological subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire, 1769–1822, British, Vol. 6, Plate XXX: The Story, as it is Presumed, of Joab and Abner. The Martyrdom of the Mother and her Seven Sons, and the Sacrifice of Antiochus, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.