Vol. 6, Plate XXXI: A Continuation, as it is Presumed, of the Story of Antiochus. The Story of Abimelech.
- Part Of:
- Hand colored engraving on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 21 7/8 inches (38.4 × 55.6 cm) and Plate: 14 3/8 × 19 3/4 inches (36.5 × 50.2 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "PLATE XXXI"; upper right: "Vol VI"; center: "A continuation as it is presumed, fo the story of Aniochus"; lower left: "C.A. Stothard del."; lower center: "The story of Abimelech"; lower center: "Published by the Society of Antiquaries of London 1842"; lower right: "J. Basire sc"; and lettered inside image, throughout, figures labeled
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | religious and mythological subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire, 1769–1822, British, Vol. 6, Plate XXXI: A Continuation, as it is Presumed, of the Story of Antiochus. The Story of Abimelech, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.