Vol. 6, Plate XXXIV: The Story of Elijah and Ahaziah. The Miracles of Elisha.
- Part Of:
- Hand colored engraving on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 21 7/8 inches (38.4 × 55.6 cm), Plate: 14 1/4 × 20 1/2 inches (36.2 × 52.1 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "PLATE XXXIV"; upper right: "Vol. VI"; upper center: "9"; center: "The story of Elijah and Ahaziah"; center: "10"; lower center: "The miracles of Elisha"; lower left: "C.A. Stothard"; lower center: "Published by the Society of Antiquaries of London, 1842"; lower right: "J. Basire"; and lettered inside image, upper center, figures partly labeled
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | religious and mythological subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire the younger, 1769–1822, British, Vol. 6, Plate XXXIV: The Story of Elijah and Ahaziah. The Miracles of Elisha, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.