Vol. 6, Plate XXXIV: The Story of Elijah and Ahaziah. The Miracles of Elisha.
- Part Of:
- Hand colored engraving on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 21 7/8 inches (38.4 × 55.6 cm) and Plate: 14 1/4 × 20 1/2 inches (36.2 × 52.1 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "PLATE XXXIV"; upper right: "Vol. VI"; upper center: "9"; center: "The story of Elijah and Ahaziah"; center: "10"; lower center: "The miracles of Elisha"; lower left: "C.A. Stothard"; lower center: "Published by the Society of Antiquaries of London, 1842"; lower right: "J. Basire"; and lettered inside image, upper center, figures partly labeled
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | religious and mythological subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire, 1769–1822, British, Vol. 6, Plate XXXIV: The Story of Elijah and Ahaziah. The Miracles of Elisha, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.