- Vol. 6, Plate XXXV: Continuation as it is Presumed of the Miracles of Elisha, and the Famine of Samaria. The Acts of Judas Maccabeus.
- Hand colored engraving on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 21 7/8 inches (38.4 × 55.6 cm) and Plate: 14 3/8 × 19 1/2 inches (36.5 × 49.5 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "PLATE XXXV"; upper center: "11"; upper right: "Vol. VI"; center: "Continuation as it is presumed of the Miracles of Elisha, and the famine of Samaria."; center: "12"; lower center: "The Acts of Judas Maccabeus"; lower left: "C.A. Stothard del."; lower right: "J. Basire sc."; lower center: "Published by the Society of Antiquaries of London, 1842"; lettered inside image, left, figure labeled
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | religious and mythological subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire, 1769–1822, British, Vol. 6, Plate XXXV: Continuation as it is Presumed of the Miracles of Elisha, and the Famine of Samaria. The Acts of Judas Maccabeus, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.