- ca. 1796
- Watercolor, graphite, gray wash and blue wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 x 9 1/2in. (38.1 x 24.1cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, upper left: "Grisons"; in graphite, verso, upper left: "Near Chiavenna"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "< . . . > | 9 52"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "< . . . >"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | geology | Grand Tour | landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | science | trees | waterfalls
- Associated Places:
- Chiavenna | Europe | Italy | Lombardia | Sondrio
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.