Elevation of Buildings Fronting Westminster Hall
- Graphite on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 23 3/8 inches (33.7 × 59.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, throughout, building materials labeled on elevation and dimensions given, including: "English Tiles", "Too wide | this", "good Stock Br", "Stuccoed over", "roof of the Hall", "slated roof of new Chamber | built after 1793", "colored | over lite | Stone Color"; in graphite, lower right: "This part is where the Judges' coach houses had been | in the year 1793 &c made afterwards some correspond | ence with the other work on the left hand for the | depositing records until 1822 when all was taken down | to the Stone building on the right hand about 36 feet"; and in graphite, bar scale labeled with numbers "1" to "6" and "6" to "36'
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Lords | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to William Capon, 1757–1827, British, Elevation of Buildings Fronting Westminster Hall, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.