Decoration between Windows of Parlor, No. 3 Old Palace Yard
- Graphite, pen and black and brown inks with brush applied to brown ink, pink wash on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 12 13/16 × 9 9/16 inches (32.5 × 24.3 cm)
Pen and black ink, lower center: "DECORATION, BETWEEN WINDOWS OF PARLOUR, No 3 OLD PALACE YARD"; in graphite, lower left: "Supposed work of | Grinling Gibbons"; bar scale labeled in pen and black ink, lower center
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "C.J. Richardson June 1871"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles James Richardson, 1806–1871, British, Decoration between Windows of Parlor, No. 3 Old Palace Yard, 1871
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.