IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Collins, active ca. 1682, The North Prospect of Westminster Abbey, between 1680 and 1710
The North Prospect of Westminster Abbey
- between 1680 and 1710
- Line engraving on slightly textured, medium, white wove paper
- Sheet: 20 1/2 × 28 1/4 inches (52.1 × 71.8 cm), Plate: 19 1/2 × 27 1/4 inches (49.5 × 69.2 cm), Image: 17 7/8 × 26 1/2 inches (45.4 × 67.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "Angleterre - Londres | Westminster | Abbaye"
Lettered, lower left: "J. Collins Sculp."; lower center: "The North Prospect of Westminster Abbey"; lower right: "XIII"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom | Westminster Abbey
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.