Door-way in Wall of South Precints of Westminster Abbey
- Graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 × 5 7/16 inches (20 × 13.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Door-way in wall of | south Precints of West.r Abbey"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "[?]Ryton'
Watermark: (sheet trimmed) crown
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to John Carter, 1748–1817, British, Door-way in Wall of South Precints of Westminster Abbey, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.