IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Attributed to John Carter, 1748–1817, British, South West View of the Remains of the Crypt under the Dormitory in Dean's Yard Discovered in June, 1815
South West View of the Remains of the Crypt under the Dormitory in Dean's Yard Discovered in June
- Graphite on smooth, medium, white wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 8 3/4 inches (15.9 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center: "looking south West"; in graphite, bottom: "South-west | View of the remains of the Crypt under the Dormitory in Deans yard discovered | June"; in graphite, lower right: "Westminster"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.