Springing of groins
- Additional Title(s):
Dean's Yard, Westminster
Verso: Plan of pier
- Graphite on smooth, medium, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 8 3/8 inches (14.6 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Plan"; in graphite, upper center: "East"; in graphite, lower left: "Springing of groins"; in graphite, right: "Plan of springing of groins"; in graphite, lower right: "original sketch by John Carter circa 1800"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "West", "window", "East'
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to John Carter, 1748–1817, British, Springing of groins, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.