- Additional Title(s):
Studies of Torture, Spanish Inquisition
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown, pen and red ink, and pen and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches (14 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Spanish Inquisition"; verso, in graphite, upper right: "2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bars (building materials) | beards | chained bindings | chains | correctional institution | historical subject | jail | men | nudes | prisoners | religion | Spanish inquisition | torture | windows
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Spanish Inquisition, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.