- Mr. and Mrs. Jolly at their Country House
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and gray ink and pen and red brown ink on medium, lightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 9 1/4 inches (14.9 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Mr. and Mrs. Jolly at their Country House"; verso: graphite, on secondary support, upper right illegible script.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birdhouse | blue | bonnets (hats) | carriage | chickens | children | country house | doghouse | dogs (animals) | ducks | fence | genre subject | horse (animal) | house | men | piglets | pigs | pipe | shed | trees | weathervane | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Mr. and Mrs. Jolly at their Country House, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.