Valley of Stones, Lynton, Devon
- Additional Title(s):
North Coast Cornwall
- Watercolor, with pen and red and gray-brown ink; verso: graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 8 3/8 x 12 3/16 inches (21.3 x 31 cm), Sheet: 5 5/8 x 9 3/16 inches (14.3 x 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower left: "Rowlandson"; in pen and gray ink; lower right: "North Coast Cornwall"; in graphite, on mount, verso, on contemporary mount, upper center: "817 (1)"
Watermark: J WHATMAN / 1813 similar to Shorter 202
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | horses (animals) | landscape | rocks (landforms) | stones | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Europe | Lynton | United Kingdom | Valley of Stones | Valley of the Rocks
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Valley of Stones, Lynton, Devon, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.