The Vicar of Wakefield: The Departure from Wakefield
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Tracing
- ca. 1817
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown, brown and light gray ink over graphite; verso: graphite on medium, smooth, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (11.4 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "T. Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets (caps) | children | church | dogs (animals) | gate | genre subject | hats | men | stone | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Vicar of Wakefield: The Departure from Wakefield, ca. 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.