Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Vicar of Wakefield: The Welcome, ca. 1817
The Vicar of Wakefield: The Welcome
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Tracing
- ca. 1817
- Watercolor, with pen and red-brown and gray-brown ink; verso: graphite on medium, smooth, blued white wove paper
- 4 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (11.4 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "T Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets (caps) | children | church | cottages | crowd | dog (animal) | flags | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | landscape | men | musicians | procession | trees | vicar | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.