Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Vicar of Wakefield: The Welcome, ca. 1817
The Vicar of Wakefield: The Welcome
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Tracing
- ca. 1817
- Watercolor, with pen and red-brown and gray-brown ink; verso: graphite on medium, smooth, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (11.4 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "T Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets (caps) | children | church | cottages | crowd | dog (animal) | flags | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | landscape | men | musicians | procession | trees | vicar | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.