The Vicar of Wakefield: The Scold, with news of Olivia
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Shading
- ca. 1817
- Watercolor, with pen and gray ink over graphite on medium, smooth, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (11.4 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower left: "T. Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons (main garments) | bird | birdcage (container) | chairs | dogs (animals) | drinking | food | genre subject | hearth | kitchen | men | staircase | table (support furniture) | vicar | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Vicar of Wakefield: The Scold, with news of Olivia, ca. 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.